For the second time in four days Kaizer Chiefs and Black Leopards will clash at the FNB Stadium on Wednesday night in an Absa Premiership match.
|Kaizer Chiefs players celebrate @ Backpagepix
The original encounter between these two sides was cancelled when Mother Nature intervened with Chiefs leading 2-0 in the first half.
Referee, Daniel Bennett abandoned the match after the pitch was covered in hail and therefore deemed unsafe and unplayable. The fixture was originally rescheduled for 20h15 but the PSL has confirmed that kickoff will be 19h30.
According to Rule 8.14 of the National Soccer League (NSL) Rules, if a match is abandoned through weather or the state of the pitch, the League will set another date on which the match will be played. All records of an abandoned match will be expunged except dismissals incurred.
Chiefs had an outstanding opening half hour in the intial match and were looking well on course to claim victory. Bernard Parker scored with an outstanding free-kick in the second minute and Kingston Nkhatha doubled the lead nine minutes later with a simple tap in from close, but all those goals were in vain as the match will be re-stared at 0-0.
Black Leopards coach Sunday Chidzambwa admits the bad weather saved his team from getting a hammering against the Amakhosi, but he is now glad that his charges will get a chance to redeem themselves.
Chidzambwa says his side was not in the game, and they will have to go back to the drawing board before they meet Chiefs again on Wednesday.
"The first 20 minutes we were not present, we were not in the game. We gave away two easy goals and I think we were watching Chiefs playing the match.
"We never played so badly, but thank God the rain saved us. Chiefs were all over us. We will change our approach on Wednesday and our plan.
"So we will try to keep it tight, as I've said earlier on we gave away two easy goals," the Zimbabwean native explained.
In the Amakhosi camp, Chiefs coach Stuart Baxter is disappointed that the match will start from scratch, but has nonetheless called on his troops to display the same attitude they did on the weekend when they had Lidoda Duvha on the ropes.
“We would have loved to continue playing after the storm, but then it was difficult to do so as the hail could not be removed without removing the lines,” Baxter said.
“It is difficult when a game is postponed and rescheduled; it changes our entire program, but as professionals we will have to prepare now for Wednesday.
“Leopards were always going to be tough and they will not be different come Wednesday. As for us we need to go out and finish the business.
“The players are obviously disappointed that the game was postponed, but it was due to natural cause. I am confident that they will show the same intent on the pitch come Wednesday,” added Baxter.
Spectators who have the ticket stubs from Saturday night's match will be allowed to use the same tickets to gain entry. Supporters who do not have tickets for this match can still purchase match tickets at CompuTicket and all Shoprite
Kick-offI is at 7:30pm.